Do you know someone who loves the web? Hanapin Marketing is currently looking for three search marketing specialists to add to our talented and hard working team! We have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program, so while experience in SEO and PPC is helpful, it’s not required. The ideal candidate…
- loves the Internet;
- obsessively makes to do lists;
- possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude;
- feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Joe the plumber; and
- is eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
And, if you also like The Office and Lost, we love you already! Read on!
Hanapin Marketing is an award-winning and fast-growing Internet marketing company, located in Bloomington, Indiana. We have an open position for a Search Marketing Specialist, who will work with clients on both search engine optimization and pay per click advertising. We have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program, so while experience in SEO and PPC is helpful, it’s not required.
Account Management – You’ll work with 5-10 clients on SEO and/or PPC. Some are short-term consulting arrangements, while a vast majority are long-term engagements. You’ll be responsible for communicating with clients via email, phone, and/or in-person.
Tracking and Goal Setting – You’ll work with your clients to establish goals and to implement tracking for those goals, which can vary greatly in nature: rankings, traffic, leads, sales, and/or revenue.
Research, Analysis, and Problem Solving – You’ll get your hands dirty with website audits, competitive research, keyword research, analysis of web analytics, and much more. Additionally, you’ll research best practice strategies for both SEO and PPC and implement the best tactics to help your clients achieve their goals.
Blogging – More than 20,000 people each month read Hanapin’s blogs. After 6-12 months, you’ll write for our both SEO Boy (www.seoboy.com) and PPC Hero (www.ppchero.com), our blogs that cover the search marketing world.
Marketing and Publicity – All Hanapin employees help grow the company through writing articles for the blogs, making content updates to our corporate website, writing proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, networking and referring new clients, et. al.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work 40-45 hours on site at our Bloomington offices
- Ability to put in extra time at nights and on weekends
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in any web-related field (examples include, but aren’t limited to, blogging, email marketing, social media, web analytics, and web development)
- Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
- Innate sense of urgency to complete projects quickly yet thoroughly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on the vital few instead of the trivial many
- Keen critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”
- Can easily toggle between working independently and with others
- Can get along with the other Hanapin team members
- Regularly maintain a blog and/or Twitter account
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Paid time off for holidays
- Paid vacation
- Summer hours (office closes at 3 pm on Fridays during June, July, and August)
- Simple IRA
- Health, life, vision, and dental insurance
- Use of company laptop plus a second monitor
- Casual dress
- 1 on 1 review with the President and CEO at months 6 and 12 and annually thereafter
- Opportunity for raises every 12 months
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an email to email@example.com *or* apply through the online application process if you found us via an online job board such as Monster.
- Include a cover letter (this can in the body of the email or if an attachment, send as a PDF), which includes:
- A short but sweet bio/intro.
- Include two (personal or work related) blogs you read regularly and why.
- Where you learned about the job opening.
- If you’ve applied for a position here previously, please denote that and also include two examples of areas you’ve improved in or skills you’ve acquired — since the last time you applied — that would make you more valuable to our organization.
- Include your salary requirements.
- Attach your resume as a PDF. Please, no Word docs or any format other than a PDF.
- Apply no later than 5 pm on Friday, October 9, 2009. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
- Within one business day of submitting your application, we’ll notify you if you’ve made it to the first round.
- Due to the number of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to those who don’t make it to the first round.
- If we select you for the first round, you’ll be notified via email if you do or don’t move on to subsequent rounds.
- There will be at least four rounds: written questions/answers via email, a reception and information session for candidates who make it to the second round, a one-on-one interview with the President and CEO, and a group interview with the Hanapin team members.
- While we will accept applications until 5 pm on Friday, October 9, 2009, we’ll begin the first round as soon as we begin receiving applications.
FIVE REASONS TO WORK FOR HANAPIN MARKETING
- You want to work for a financially stable company that’s growing quickly yet intelligently. Hanapin was founded five years ago, has been profitable since our inception, carries zero debt, and has grown revenues no less than 50% each year. While the rest of the advertising industry has seen revenues decrease by roughly 50% this year, we’ve swum against the stream and are on pace for 50% growth. No bailouts here!
- You want to work for a firm who is trusted by storied companies. Hanapin boasts over 80 clients worldwide, with many on a monthly retainer. Our clients include three Inc 500 winners, two Fortune 500 companies, and such Indiana brands as Author Solutions, Cook Medical, and French Lick Resort and Casino.
- You want to work for a firm with proven online experience. We helped increased revenues at AuthorHouse 233% over just 4 years. Clients have started new divisions because they knew we could support their marketing efforts. We’ve taken a firm from $0 to $1.5M in online revenue. We know how to grow businesses using the Internet.
- You want to work for a firm that’s blazing a trail. Our employees come from proven Indiana companies such as Author Solutions and The Finish Line. Our President and CEO is an adjunct professor at IU, teaching one of the nation’s few courses on search engine marketing. More than 20,000 people each month read our blogs on SEO and PPC. And, our employees routinely speak at Indiana’s premier Internet marketing conferences such as Get Your MBO and Blog Indiana.
- And, it’s not just us saying this. Hanapin won the 2007 Fuse award for Innovative Business of the Year, sponsored by the Small Business Development Center and inVenture. We were also finalists for the 2008 BKD Indiana Excellence Awards, one of only five companies in the service category, and in February, we were honored with an Inaugural EDGE Award from the state of Indiana.
RELATED KEYWORDS FOR THIS POSITION
search engine optimization, SEO, search engine marketing, SEM, search engine promotion, search engine consulting, pay per click, pay per click advertising, pay per click management, PPC, paid search, Internet marketing, online marketing, web marketing, Google AdWords, Microsoft adCenter, and Yahoo! Search Marketing