SEO News Roundup for October 17, 2008
Posted By John On October 17, 2008 @ 2:09 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- What is PageRank sculpting, and how does it work? If you can’t answer that question, then you need to read this post by Rand at SEOmoz that explains PageRank  and the basic principles of PR sculpting in detail.
- A lot of websites have content locked behind sign ups – “members access only.” Because search engines can’t fill out forms and get past them, your content might as well not exist for SEO purposes! The Top Rank Blog explained some of the most common solutions this week for unlocking your content for the search engines .
- Need another motivation for link building? Determine how much a link is worth to your business . While I don’t exactly endorse buying links, SEOBook raises an interesting rationale for buying links when the value is right.
- Not to give SEOmoz too much of the spotlight today, but their new Internet Marketing Handbook  is fantastic! Compiled by Danny Dover, this has to be one of the best SEO resource lists (that can be viewed on one page!).
- Jennifer Laycock recapped the newest feature added to Google Webmaster Tools this week – the “Linked From” data for pages that are 404′ing on your site. Jennifer dubs these as the “easiest links you’ll ever get .” I’d have to agree. All you have to do is contact the site owner and ask that they edit the link they already gave you.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-roundup-for-october-17-2008/
URLs in this post:
 explains PageRank: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/pagerank-sculpting-parsing-the-value-and-potential-benefits-of-sculpting-pr-with-nofollow
 unlocking your content for the search engines: http://www.toprankblog.com/2008/10/seo-basics-unlocking-content-for-search-engines/
 how much a link is worth to your business: http://www.seobook.com/how-much-link-worth
 Internet Marketing Handbook: http://www.seomoz.org/dp/the-internet-marketing-handbook
 easiest links you’ll ever get: http://www.searchengineguide.com/jennifer-laycock/the-easiest-links-youll-ever-get.php
 SEO News Roundup for October 3, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-roundup-for-october-3-2008/
 SEO News Roundup for October 10, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-roundup-for-october-10-2008/
Click here to print.