- For truly powerful link, it’s essential that you understand how links affect rankings. Rand Fish discusses the ways search engines judge the value of a link. Bonus: lots of charts for those of us enjoy visual aids.
- Who are they? What do they like? What do they want? Knowing what makes your audience tick is key to converting them into customers, and it’s easier – and cheaper – than you might think. This post from Search Engine Watch discusses the value of customer research and its many readily-available methods.
- Rand, over at SEOmoz, had a great Whiteboard last Friday on Emailing Marketing & SEO. If you or your client manage an email newsletter, this is a definite must see video as Rand discusses the steps of a successful emailing campaign.
- Watch out for the pitfalls! The Online Marketing Blog posted, 5 SEO Pitfalls to Avoid, this week. Some of the tips to take away: continually review and update your website’s content, use more than one analytics programs (we’re testing multiple analytics right now for our blogs), and think beyond the one “ego phrase” you think will drive all traffic.
- So, why is blogging great for your SEO efforts? Would you like 55% more traffic? How about 97% more inbound links? Well, Mack over at Search Engine Guide has got some great tips for you! He has a good write-up of a recent study conducted by Hubspot.
- Writing great website copy can be challenging. It’s difficult to make the copy search engine friendly, highly-readable, and highly appealing to your target audience. Angie at Search Engine People has 5 useful tips for writing great website copy that may help you out!
- Thinking of starting your own SEO business? PeterD from SEO Book.com provided us with some things to consider when starting an SEO agency. He discusses your personal strengths and weaknesses, strategy, finances, the burning customer need, marketing & sales strategy, and finally the challenge of differentiation.
- Matt McGee says Yahoo Neighbors is going to be huge! His post discusses how the new Yahoo Service provides exposure/mindshare/familiarity, reputation management, creating authority status in the community, and SEO for the local/small business space.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.