SEO News Round Up For October 30, 2009
Posted By Jessica On October 30, 2009 @ 3:42 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- David Naylor recently posted Link Building Techniques & Tips.  While there are a ton of articles on the web offering link building tricks, Naylor offers 16 of them here in this post. Covering a lot of link building ground, the blog is certainly worth a read.
- SEO Chat’s Ivan Strouchliak has offered his tips on Steps to Higher Rankings and Traffic . Targeting more than 1 keyword per page title, using anchor texts in internal links, and using copy summaries (journalism 101), are some of the topics covered.
- Our good friend Stoney deGeyter from Search Engine Guide has a good post on whether or not companies today can afford to do SEO . But the post really goes into more reasons why companies can’t afford not to do SEO in touch economic times. He outlines a few SEO service options that you can think about.
- SEO is not just a one-time thing. Once you get your optimizations in place, it is a good practice to continue monitoring your rankings and adjusting your site accordingly. Other key components for of a long-term SEO strategy focus on technical, content generation, and marketing. The latest Whiteboard Friday from SEOmoz will help you future-proof your SEO  all elements of your campaign.
- So, you think the footer of your site  is a great place to load up on keyword-rich links? Think again. SEO Fail points out a terrible looking site that has employed this tactic. Just don’t do it, plain and simple.
- Vido optimization doesn’t get a lot of play in the blogs, but making your videos more search engine friendly can be very beneficial to your SEO efforts. The TopRank team has written good article on 5 basic tips for Video Optimization .
- I completely agree with Jon Morrow’s post on Copyblogger- doing everything the way they taught you in school  does not a good writer make. What you want to write, and what your audience wants to read, matters a million times more than following antiquated rules you learned in a time before communication changed as drastically as it has in the past twenty years.
- Oh, it’s not so fun as reading about cool little gadgets and fun new programs, but you gotta know how to use Analytics, and how not to damage yourself by deleting data you want to have access to later. The web ranking blog posted some info about goal changes in Analytics and how you avoid data loss .
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing , a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-30-2009/
URLs in this post:
 Link Building Techniques & Tips.: http://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/link-building-techniques-tips.html
 Steps to Higher Rankings and Traffic: http://www.seochat.com/c/a/Search-Engine-Optimization-Help/Steps-to-Higher-Rankings-and-Traffic/
 companies today can afford to do SEO: http://www.searchengineguide.com/stoney-degeyter/affording-seo-in-tough-economic-times.php
 future-proof your SEO: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboard-friday-futureproofing-your-seo
 footer of your site: http://www.seofailblog.com/footer-links-fail
 5 basic tips for Video Optimization: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/OnlineMarketingSEOBlog/~3/iWNMqF26EnU/
 everything the way they taught you in school: http://www.copyblogger.com/bad-writing-habits/
 goal changes in Analytics and how you avoid data loss: http://www.webranking.com/blog/google-analytics-goal-position-change-is-flawed
 Hanapin Marketing: http://www.hanapinmarketing.com/
 SEO News Round Up For October 23, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-23-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For October 9, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-9-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for October 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for September 11, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-september-11-2009/
Click here to print.