- Already overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data you can get from Google Analytics? Too bad! Now you can get even more. Actually, this is great: Google announced this week a set of new Analytics features you can play with to gain a more in-depth understanding of the factors that matter to your business. Fantastic!
- Oh, Facebook optimization. Who knows exactly what’s going to go on with this in the future, but it’s good to keep an eye on the progress of marketing efforts in the vast world that is FB. Marty Weintraub at the aimClear blog has given us extensive, illustrated descriptions of the current ways to be found on Facebook and how people are using them. Very cool and informative.
- Almost every company or website out there has a blog now. How do you keep yours from being lost in the shuffle? Online Marketing Blog has posted something you might find helpful – 5 Tips for Making a Corporate Blog Stand Out. Some of the tips detailed include: talk about something other than yourself, keep your blog focused, give your blog a distinct personality, and provide readers with something they can’t get anywhere else.
- Have you searched in Google before, and noticed two related results (from the same website) and the second one is indented? It obviously draws attention, right? SEOmoz has posted a whiteboard video that offers tips on How to get Indented Listings. Very insightful.
- Not convinced that you need to get on the local search bandwagon? The new study about local from eMarketer may change your mind. The study reports that 37% of business users conduct local searches. Plus, the top post-click activity is calling the store.
- Knowing how to optimize your website for SEO is important, but it’s almost more important for you to understand how the search engines ‘spider’ your website so you have the background knowledge of what the spiders see and what they don’t. SEO Whitehats has another great post on exactly this topic: See your website with the eyes of a spider is a great post explaining how the search engine spiders crawl and view your website when it comes to SEO.
- Our good friend Shimon Sandler has a great post for all you video fanatics out there. His post on 10 tactics for video optimization is a super easy to follow and understand list on how to optimize your video for SEO and your core keywords.
- Looking for a proven application for social media? How about 10 of them? Adam Singer over at TopRank Blog has written a very enlightening article on how you can effectively incorporate social media into your marketing mix.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.