- Start putting together your SEO plan for 2010. Search Engine Land’s Michelle Stern recommends three tips for B2B marketers to improve their chances of success for next year. Start by exploring reporting options, optimize to the ultimate conversion point and perform a branded click path analysis.
- Borrow a few notes from PPC to make sure you get the click. The way you phrase your title tag is important to make sure you are giving the user what they are looking for. If they don’t see what they want, they will search again. Need some new ideas? SEO Book recommends trying Google’s Wonder Wheel to find broad, related phrases you can work into your copy.
- If you’re not paying making any local search optimizations, you should really consider starting. David Mihm at Search Engine Land gives 10 fantastic tips to tackling this project!
- Twitter is optimizing their search features! Search Engine Land covered the story with the post Twitter Finally Adding Search Relevancy Features. The new technology Twitter is using will show higher quality results for popular searches and essentially return tweets that are more useful.
- Do you ever wonder where people come up with their SEO tactics? SEOmoz has posted a Whiteboard on How SEOs Know SEO. Rand covers the different sources to visit if you’re interested in learning about SEO.
- You want to make sure that when Googlebot arrives at your site that they know exactly what to do and where to go. Error pages can throw off the Bot and hinder it from scanning your site quickly and thoroughly. You need to remove these error pages and you can now make it easier for Google understand that you really meant to remove a page. You can use the 410 status code instead of a 404.
- Barry Welford at Search Engine People has written a somewhat shocking article on the importance keywords. I’m not going to give away all of his secrets but he is questioning how important keywords are to the search engines. What?! Read on…
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.