SEO News Round Up for May 22, 2009
Posted By Joe On May 22, 2009 @ 2:07 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- Jill Whalen posted an amusing list highlighting differences between web designer & SEO beliefs/methods  at SearchEngineLand- mostly for fun I think, but as I was reading it I realized it actually does end up being a quick list of things to check/watch out for on the site(s) you’re SEOing.
- Thank you, Ann Smarty! Twenty three fabulous things you can do with Google Analytics , with explanations of how to actually do them. Just plain useful. Data makes decisions- but Analytics isn’t going to give you your data unless you “ask” for it, so learn how.
- Google has made some pretty significant changes to the search suggestion tool box , including site links and additional search suggestions. This change isn’t rolled out universally yet, but this post from Search Engine Watch gives a good top-level review of what you can expect.
- Ever heard of URL rewriting? Well, a lot of SEO’s participate in this practice to make human-friendly URL’s. Check out this post from YOUmoz and learn the basics behind successfully implementing a URL rewriting strategy .
- Danny Dover of SEOmoz  talks about the ten resources that changed how he views the Internet . A few of which are Jimmy Whales explanation of Wikipedia success, Paris Hilton’s Fame, and the sale of YouTube to Google.
- In this week’s Whiteboard Friday, Rand discusses embedded content and linking strategies . Using embedded content like videos, widgets, badges, etc. is a great way to start building a network of links. Rand talks about some of the benefits and difficulties that you’ll face when trying to push your content out to the rest of the world.
- Can a search engine teach us how to search better to get better results? It’s very possible that Wolfram Alpha, the new non-search engine  that Mashable is talking about may actually help people find what they’re looking for by making them type in the right question in the search box. Wolfram Alpha is a ‘computational knowledge search engine’. Some say this will be the next big thing, and the guys at Mashable are going to tell us 5 things Wolfram Alpha does better than Google.
- We all need extra juice now and then when it comes to SEO. And Search Engine People have posted the definitive guide to identify nofollow and ‘juiceless’ links . Can 45 Sphinns and 24 tweets be wrong? The post has some very helpful tips and advice on how to get the most juice flowing to your website.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-may-22-2009/
URLs in this post:
 differences between web designer & SEO beliefs/methods: http://searchengineland.com/85-reasons-why-website-designersdevelopers-keep-seos-in-business-19417
 Twenty three fabulous things you can do with Google Analytics: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/google-analytics-mega-post-23-google-analytics-tips-and-tweaks.html
 search suggestion tool box: http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/090521-144758
 URL rewriting strategy: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/url-rewriting-increase-organic-traffic-by-using-dynamic-urls-that-look-static
 SEOmoz: http://www.seomoz.org/
 ten resources that changed how he views the Internet: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/ten-resources-that-changed-how-i-view-the-internet
 embedded content and linking strategies: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboard-friday-embedded-content-linking
 new non-search engine: http://mashable.com/2009/05/19/wolfram-alpha-better-than-google/
 definitive guide to identify nofollow and ‘juiceless’ links: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/identify-nofollow-juiceless-links-guide.html
 SEO News Round Up for May 15, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-may-15-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 16, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-16-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For February 20, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-20-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 27, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-february-27-2009/
Click here to print.