SEO News Round Up for March 6, 2009
Posted By Joe On March 6, 2009 @ 1:51 pm In SEO News Roundup | 2 Comments
- It’s content like this that keeps us (and thousands of others) coming back to SEOmoz. Rand’s list of 12 mistakes SEO newcomers make  is not only accurate, but educational. Each point offers a solution to the mistake – this is a must read!
- Are you blogging for a local business? If so, check out this list of regional blog directories  at HyperlocalBlogger. This list is intended to grow – so if you know of a directory for your area, leave Matt a comment. Currently, the list is relegated to metropolitan areas and general directories, but as the post said “it’s still a starting place.”
- And speaking of blogging, the SmallBoxWeb blog posted a bold statement this week: Don’t waste money on a business blog . Upon closer inspection, this carries a heavy disclaimer! Blogging can reap huge benefits for SEO, branding and social networking, but if you don’t have the time and resources to dedicate to it, you shouldn’t waste your money. Gotta love the reverse psychology!
- WPromote has a great post (story) on how CEO’s of companies typically don’t know squat about SEO and how they should get on board quick if they want to make it in this economy. They talk about how CEO’s should NOT depend on their IT team to implement all the SEO strategies  to get their site to rank in the search engines. It’s not just about meta tags and keywords anymore, it really takes someone maintaining your site constantly.
- One of my favorite SEO writers from Search Engine Guide, Stoney deGeyter talks about questions you need to answer PRE-SEO . These questions I’m sure are going through small and large business owners constantly – and Stoney has a few great pointers about how to help yourself answer those questions and determine your plan of SEO action!
- Ann Smarty has a post on this ‘search cloudlet ’ FireFox add-on that apparently inserts a related tag ‘cloud’ into Google and Yahoo SERPs so you can use the tag links to quickly filter and refine your searches. The bigger the term, Google says the more frequently it pops up in the results. Ann says the tag cloud really gives you a quick understanding of SERPs for any search term.
- Chris Smith over at SEM Clubhouse has published a short but helpful article in regards to local SEO. In most local online directories , a business listing can be associated with a number of categories and you should make sure that your business appears for each applicable category. And also, make sure sure that your listing hasn’t been incorrectly catagorized. Now, go claim your local listings!
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-march-6-2009/
URLs in this post:
 12 mistakes SEO newcomers make: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/12-easy-mistakes-that-plague-newcomers-to-the-seo-field
 regional blog directories: http://www.hyperlocalblogger.com/33-local-blog-directories/
 Don’t waste money on a business blog: http://smallboxweb.blogspot.com/2009/03/don-waste-money-on-business-blog.html
 CEO’s should NOT depend on their IT team to implement all the SEO strategies: http://www.wpromote.com/blog/internet-news/ceos-dont-assume-your-it-person-knows-seo/
 questions you need to answer PRE-SEO: http://www.searchengineguide.com/stoney-degeyter/the-big-bad-list-of-preseo-questions-you.php
 search cloudlet: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/get-better-understanding-of-google-and-yahoo-serps-with-search-cloudlet/8891/
 local online directories: http://www.semclubhouse.com/local-seo-smb-yellow-pagescategory/
 SEO News Round Up For February 20, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-20-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 30, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-30-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 27, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-february-27-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 6, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-6-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
Click here to print.