SEO News Round Up for June 5, 2009
Posted By Joe On June 5, 2009 @ 2:02 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- Can commenting on blog posts  be useful to your link-building and traffic driving efforts? Brian Clark at Copyblogger says yes, if you do it right…but if you do it wrong, you’re just wasting everyone’s time and energy. Find out how to create comments that will be useful to you and to readers.
- Fantastic, your brand is representing itself well on the social media front! But…what if something goes wrong? Website won’t cooperate. Product problems. Customer complaints. Social media is a fantastic way to build connections and awareness, but you need to know how to use it to handle the bad  as well as the good, and this series of cause-and-effect examples can show you how.
- This week in search Matt Cutts dropped what Search Engine Land calls a ‘bombshell’ on SEO advertisers by saying that PageRank sculpting  no longer works the way it used to. The additional PageRank a page would receive due to another page on your site being blocked is no longer the case. Read more about the Google backwards compatibility on PageRank sculpting.
- Re-write your SEO un-friendly URL’s  (dynamic drivel URLs) into more SEO friendly URL’s with the mod_rewrite. Whitespark posted this on Youmoz the other day in order to make unattractive dynamic URL’s like www.petfood.com/page.php?category12345 into prettier URL’s like www.petfood.com/dog/iams.
- Give people a reason to come back to your site with great, authoritative content. Search Engine People’s 7 questions, 7 considerations  post on writing content to attract more visitors is a must read for all SEO’ers.
- I can’t read minds. If I could, that would be awesome and I would join the circus. However, PeterD over at SEO Book has written an extensive article about getting inside the mind of the searcher . Reading this article will not give the ability to read minds, but you may understanding what someone is thinking.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-5-2009/
URLs in this post:
 commenting on blog posts: http://www.copyblogger.com/blog-comment-traffic/
 use it to handle the bad: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/turn-downtime-into-a-communication-win.html
 PageRank sculpting: http://searchengineland.com/google-loses-backwards-compatibility-on-paid-link-blocking-pagerank-sculpting-20408
 SEO un-friendly URL’s: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/using-mod-rewrite-to-convert-dynamic-urls-to-seo-friendly-urls
 Search Engine People’s 7 questions, 7 considerations: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/licensed-content.html
 getting inside the mind of the searcher: http://www.seobook.com/search-taxonomy-getting-inside-mind-searcher
 SEO News Round Up for May 22, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-may-22-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 16, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-16-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 6, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-6-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for March 20, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-march-20-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for March 6, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-march-6-2009/
Click here to print.