SEO News Round Up for June 26, 2009
Posted By Jessica On June 26, 2009 @ 12:22 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- From Search Engine Land, Google is now truncating URL’s in the SERPS  in order to present results in a more easy to read format. Could this change hurt your chances of receiving that user’s click if particular keywords are now being removed from your URL’s?
- People started talking about this a while ago, but the FTC’s new rules for blogs that engage in affiliate marketing or receive any kind of compensation for something they write about are becoming closer to being a reality: and people are not thrilled. Whether you think it’s useless, overbearing rule making  or look at it as a possible opportunity , you ought to be aware of how things are going to work.
- A pretty diagram from Brian Carter at Search Engine People! Actually, there are lots of interesting points about how social media marketing  interacts with other aspects of search marketing that accompany the pretty diagram, which does help as a tool to understand what Brian has written. Fantastic!
- Let’s face it, we all make mistakes, but are the mistakes that you make costing you cash? Aaron Wall discusses some of the 14 common SEM errors  made and how to avoid/correct them.
- When you are building your keyword list, are you considering whether or not those keywords will be worthwhile in the future? SeoBook discusses keyword trends  and the tools you can use to predict the rising interest in keyword areas.
- Is Facebook really going to kill SEO? As this social media giant grows in subscribers so does website traffic. Some companies are starting to see more traffic to their sites from Facebook than Google. With this evolution, it will be even more important to generate quality content  to attract links.
- Janet Meiners at Small Biz Trends covers the basics of what small businesses should expect from their SEO consultants.  It may seem simple to us, but the truth is that many small business owners who are new to the world of SEO may not know what can be done or how it will benefit them.
- Nathania Johnson at SearchEngineWatch.com noted a new feature on MSN’s Bing called ‘Best Match’.  The search engine is now separating official sites out from the rest of the results and placing these sites at the top of the SERP above organic results. Johnson also notes that the feature is not completely up to par as certain popular brands are still not being recognized and therefore separated out.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing , a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-26-2009/
URLs in this post:
 truncating URL’s in the SERPS: http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/020293.html
 overbearing rule making: http://www.seobook.com/ftc-going-after-bloggers-epic-fail
 possible opportunity: http://www.copyblogger.com/affiliate-marketing-disclosure/
 social media marketing: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/the-6-spheres-of-social-media-marketing.html
 14 common SEM errors: http://www.seobook.com/sem-training
 keyword trends: http://www.seobook.com/how-spot-keyword-trends
 generate quality content: http://www.copyblogger.com/facebook-killing-seo/
 the basics of what small businesses should expect from their SEO consultants.: http://smallbiztrends.com/2009/06/practices-of-top-seo-companies.html
 new feature on MSN’s Bing called ‘Best Match’.: http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/090624-134034
 Hanapin Marketing: http://www.hanapinmarketing.com/
 SEO News Round Up for June 19, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-19-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for June 12, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-12-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for June 5, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-5-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 6, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-6-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 27, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-february-27-2009/
Click here to print.