SEO News Round Up for June 19, 2009
Posted By Joe On June 19, 2009 @ 1:09 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- Obviously we have to mention the resolution to the past weeks’ uncertainty about PageRank sculpting via nofollow . Probably not what you want to hear, but at least there’s useful advice about current best practices from Rand at SEOMoz.
- Are you (or your clients) reluctant to deal with creating & maintaining social media accounts? It may seem like a lot of work, but Mike Moran at Search Engine Guide makes some interesting points about the importance of social media in being ready to react to negative publicity  and unexpected obstacles.
- A pretty cool post from Kim Krause Berg at Search Engine Land about the human behavior-internet interface  and how they change each other. Does the constant information flow make you feel weary? Is your target audience overwhelmed? There’s a lot to think about from a personal and marketing perspective, and it will be interesting to see how the relationship continues to evolve.
- Saurav Kneoteric has a great post on how not to judge your SEO keyword competition . He mentions that not only new SEO’ers but experienced people too judge a keywords competition just by typing that keyword into the search in Google and looking at the total number of search results. This is not an accurate estimate of a keywords competition because not all of those listings are relevant to your search term says Saurav. He goes onto explain the best way to determine this information with more accuracy.
- Aaron Wall discusses the vanity url  phenomenon that is going on right now. He also discusses the value of these links and things to consider when trying to go viral.
- Rand has a good point on the SEOMoz blog about constantly implementing 301 redirects for each page that may return a 404 error page. Rand questions this strategy and claims that 404 pages are not always as bad as they seem .
- There is a lot of talk about engaging in SEO practices for Twitter, especially when it comes to optimizing for keywords. This post from Search Engine Journal takes a look at the future of Tweet keyword optimization .
- Want to optimize your site for more Bing visibility? Vanessa Fox over at Search Engine Land has some great tips on how to optimize your site for Bing .
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-19-2009/
URLs in this post:
 PageRank sculpting via nofollow: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/google-says-yes-you-can-still-sculpt-pagerank-no-you-cant-do-it-with-nofollow
 react to negative publicity: http://www.searchengineguide.com/mike-moran/in-social-media-aspire-to-be-reactive.php
 human behavior-internet interface: http://searchengineland.com/the-impact-of-the-internet-on-human-behavior-20921
 how not to judge your SEO keyword competition: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/how-not-to-judge-keyword-competition
 vanity url: http://www.seobook.com/vanity-urls-3rd-party-websites-are-worth-almost-10
 404 pages are not always as bad as they seem: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/are-404-pages-always-bad-for-seo
 Tweet keyword optimization: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/twitter-seo-keywords/10874/
 how to optimize your site for Bing: http://searchengineland.com/microsofts-search-engine-optimization-advice-for-bing-21152
 SEO News Round Up for June 5, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-5-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for June 12, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-june-12-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For February 20, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-february-20-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for March 27, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-march-27-2009/
Click here to print.