Not sure how to use Twitter as business tool? Matt McGee, over at Search Engine Land discusses Twitter 101: Twitter’s First Major Outreach to Business Users. The guide includes step by step instructions, best practices, and case studies of 10 businesses. This looks like a must read, even for current users.
Did you mess up your vanity URL on Facebook? Wish you could redo it? No worries. Frank Reed at Marketing Pilgrim notes that Facebook has reconsidered the ‘one time only’ URL naming and will give you another shot – but just once! The post gives you a step by step on how to change your vanity URL – but be careful, because it’s the last chance you’ll get…or so they say.
- We like to talk about Twitter. It can be a great tool when used properly. However, Lee Oden has create a list of 50 Ways to FAIL On Twitter. This is great advice just make sure you’re not being a bad Twitter.
Social media is all the rage right now. SEO White Hats has a post on the six social sites every business and professional should use. And get this, Facebook isn’t on there! Well, that’s okay, it’s not for every business.
Okay I admit, I was sucked into the gimmicky headline on the YOUmoz blog ‘7 reasons why you should NOT use Google Analytics.’ Of course after reading the first tip I realized she was being totally sarcastic, whew. There are more like the 7 reasons why you should use Google Analytics unless you’re a complete idiot.
- On this week’s Whiteboard Friday, Rand offers up what he feels will be the future of SEO. He covers several important topics such as accessibility, content, verticalization, and more!
- When you pick up your paper this Sunday morning you might just see an ad for Yahoo! That’s right, in the pursuit of selling more online ads, Yahoo’s newspaper ad program allows newspapers to utilize their ad-targeting technology. Matt McGee tells us all about his experience with it in the Tri-City area.
- Do you care about Twitter? Probably…Do your prospective customers? Maybe not…read about recent poll results and decide what you will about how the “general public” views Twitter.
- Rebecca at the 10e20 blog did an informal poll of her Twitter followers, and they all came up with a pretty nice list of things you need to make sure your clients understand about social media marketing before anyone commits to starting up a project that can be very time-intensive and create a lot of public exposure.
- SEO Fail just makes me laugh. It’s short. It’s sweet. And to the point. Here is a recent fail entitled, “Worst SEO Fail.” FYI: your website shouldn’t look anything like the one in the example.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.