SEO News Round Up for July 10, 2009
Posted By Jessica On July 10, 2009 @ 12:51 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- Mike K, over at SEOmoz, gives tips on how to get your press releases picked up by journalists and thereby improve your SEO . A few of the tips he expands upon include: Get to the Point, Objectivity, Sending Manually, and Timing.
- Link building is a crucial, critical element in the formula for SEO success. Unfortunately, it’s also one that takes a little more work and effort. Fortunately, though, Stephan at Search Engine Land had a great article this week about creating viral, irresistible content and seeding it via the social media underground. 
- It’s been a month since Microsoft launched Bing, and it’s done surprisingly well  – it’s currently the 13th most visited site on the web, and in June, it had more visitors than Digg, Twitter, even CNN. While it’s too soon to declare it a true success, it’s worth watching to see how things progress.
- A massive post about real-time search : who offers it, who uses it, and what in the world that might mean for you- extremely interesting and relevant to the changing nature of search.
- Stoney deGeyter continues the “Go Blog Yourself ” series with an explanation of the benefits of careful writing with optimization in mind…and the benefits of rewriting when doing so is relevant and useful to your readers.
- According to SEOmoz, customers who come to your site and are engaged by your content are 1266% more likely to link  to your content than non-engaged readers. The article talks about how to make your content more visually appealing which will help readers become more engaged. If someone comes to your site and they see nothing but paragraph after paragraph with no or few breaks, they may leave quickly and think it will take too much time to read.
- One of my favorite SEO’ers, Shimon Sandler has a great post on free tools to use to find duplicate content . Not only does Shimon list some of the top free tools to find duplicate content but he also talks about the top 6 duplicate content mistakes SEO’er make frequently.
- Sure, we always talk about the right way to optimize your site for search engines. But what does it look like when you do it wrong? SEO Fail has a good example of a meta keywords fail . Don’t this do.
- Search has come a long way in the past couple of years, but there is a lot more potential in the land of digital information. Search is a Darwinian Game  from Search Engine Land delves into the differences between evolution and revolution in technology, and what needs to happen to revolutionize search.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing , a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-july-10-2009/
URLs in this post:
 get your press releases picked up by journalists and thereby improve your SEO: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/tips-from-a-recovering-journalist-how-to-write-effective-press-releases-that-help-seo
 creating viral, irresistible content and seeding it via the social media underground.: http://searchengineland.com/the-social-media-underground-22030
 a month since Microsoft launched Bing, and it’s done surprisingly well: http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/07/bings-got-some-zing.html
 real-time search: http://searchengineland.com/what-is-real-time-search-definitions-players-22172
 Go Blog Yourself: http://www.searchengineguide.com/stoney-degeyter/go-blog-yourself-step-8-do-it-right-and.php
 engaged by your content are 1266% more likely to link: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboard-friday-visualization
 free tools to use to find duplicate content: http://www.shimonsandler.com/duplicate-content-tools/
 meta keywords fail: http://www.seofailblog.com/meta-keywords-fail-2
 Search is a Darwinian Game: http://searchengineland.com/search-is-a-darwinian-game-21983
 Hanapin Marketing: http://www.hanapinmarketing.com/
 SEO News Round Up for July 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-july-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for May 15, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-may-15-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for May 22, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-may-22-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 7, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-7-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for February 27, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-february-27-2009/
Click here to print.