SEO News Round Up for January 7, 2009
Posted By Joe On January 7, 2009 @ 2:53 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- Ever wonder how you can increase your SEO rankings with a word press blog? Well Michael Martine is going to tell you in his new book, WordPress SEO Secrets  that is launching today. According to Chrisg.com, he says don’t try and get this information for free from websites and forums, because you’ll just end up spending time sorting the good info from the bad. Plus this book has a money back guarantee, so there’s no risk to you!
- Stoney deGeyter from Search Engine Guide says there are 5 things to consider when shopping for a SEO . He mentions that not all SEO providers are the same and have the same pricing methods. Equally, not all sites require the same type of SEO service. Check out his 5 tips today!
- If you have been on the fence of whether or not to submit a sitemap to Google and Yahoo!, this post might change your mind. Originally posted in SEOmoz’s YOUmoz section, the writer recaps how he tested the effectiveness of an XML sitemap  on a WordPress blog. The results speak for themselves – both Google and Yahoo!’s crawlers indexed the new content faster when the sitemap was submitted.
- As personalized search and universal search results take more precedence, the true validity of ranking reports can be called into question. The guys at Yoast have devised a custom filter for Google Analytics  that will allow you to see the page your keywords are ranking on in SERPs! Hat tip to Marketing Pilgrim  for linking to this article.
- Migrating content from an old site to a new site, or even retiring domains can be a tricking business – especially when passing PageRank with 301s is concerned . According to one SEO, the full effect of a 301 redirect took 3 months before PageRank was updated.
- When SEOs talk about content , they typically refer to optimizing for keywords. However, Rand at SEOmoz wrote this week how to look at presentation and text, image and multimedia architecture can (and should) be optimized for search engines. This is definitely the more subtle side of SEO!
- The team over at Bruce Clay have released two new free SEO tools. The first tool, Search Engine Optimization/KSP tool , helps you know how competitive the keyword term or phrase is that you wish to optimize for. The SEMToolBar is the second free tool and it provides competitive intelligence data including page rank and inbound links.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-7-2009/
URLs in this post:
 WordPress SEO Secrets: http://www.chrisg.com/wordpress-seo-secrets/
 5 things to consider when shopping for a SEO: http://www.searchengineguide.com/stoney-degeyter/seo-pricing-5-things-to-consider-when-sh.php
 tested the effectiveness of an XML sitemap: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/do-sitemaps-effect-crawlers
 custom filter for Google Analytics: http://yoast.com/track-seo-rankings-google-analytics/
 Marketing Pilgrim: http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/01/how-to-use-google-analytics-to-track-seo-rankings.html
 passing PageRank with 301s is concerned: http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/01/redirect-case-study-transferring-google-pagerank.html
 content: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/best-practices-for-content-optimization
 Search Engine Optimization/KSP tool: http://www.bruceclay.com/web_rank.htm#seoksp
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For December 19, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-19-2008/
 SEO News Round Up for December 26, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-26-2008/
Click here to print.