SEO News Round Up for January 23, 2009
Posted By Joe On January 23, 2009 @ 3:20 pm In SEO News Roundup | No Comments
- A bit wordy, but Erik Cisler post on why your SEO content needs to be good  puts things back into perspective for me when working on my own SEO accounts. Erik mentions that you must target human beings in your SEO content, and not just with keywords but ‘key ideas that appeal to people’.
- How does one get links to their site? Add more content says Mike Moran from Search Engine Guide. He mentions that people ask him how to get links to their site , yet Mike recommends re-thinking the ‘asking for a link’ strategy that you simply add more content to your site that would make your competitors and other sites want to link to you.
- Rand at SEOmoz asks whether “the little things in SEO make a big difference?”  The resounding answer to that is yes! The little things, like H1 tags, internal links with anchor text, alt tags, etc. add up to a big push for SEO success. Whether the client has bandwidth or not, these should be a priority.
- SEO will be dead in 2 years? Hardly. SEOBook explains that SEOs have been announcing the death of the industry since the beginning, and today is no different. However, even though SEO’s death isn’t inevitable, this article explains how it will become more challenging!
- There are a million and one things you can focus your attention on with an SEO campaign. But how to do you decide what SEO aspects you should spend most of your time on ? SEOBook breaks down the top 5: attention grabbing content creation, crawlability, link building, title tags, on-page content.
- Successfully optimizing a website is already a hefty challenge that requires planning and thoughtful execution. However, your challenges are exponentially larger when you are optimizing a site that 100,000 pages or more. How do you deal with a site this large in scale? The answer, according to a recent Search Engine Land article, is programmatic optimization . This article is on the technical side, but is very useful.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-23-2009/
URLs in this post:
 SEO content needs to be good: http://www.wpromote.com/blog/wpromote/the-value-of-good-content-whats-it-really-worth/
 how to get links to their site: http://www.searchengineguide.com/mike-moran/how-do-i-get-links-to-my-web-site.php
 “the little things in SEO make a big difference?”: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/do-the-little-things-in-seo-make-a-big-difference
 SEO will be dead in 2 years? : http://www.seobook.com/will-seo-be-dead-within-next-two-years
 SEO aspects you should spend most of your time on: http://www.seobook.com/what-aspect-seo-should-you-be-spending-most-your-time
 programmatic optimization: http://searchengineland.com/optimizing-large-scale-web-sites-16204
 SEO News Round Up for January 7, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-7-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-new-round-up-for-january-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for January 16, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-january-16-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For December 19, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-19-2008/
 SEO News Round Up for December 26, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-26-2008/
Click here to print.