- Danny Dover from SEOMoz writes that they are rewriting the Beginner’s Guide Part VIII (8) which talks about Search Engine Tools and Services. We were wondering when this document was going to be updated – Nice job guys! This section will dive into common search engine protocols and search engine tools that provide more control over how your web pages are indexed.
- This has been making its way around the blogosphere; That Google has created a traffic based sitemap generator. The new tool finds new and modified URLS based on your web server’s traffic, log files or files found on the server says the guys from Search Engine Roundtable.
- James from Semvironment talks about how people are beginning to see more description lines in organic listings. He asks a good question, what determines an organic listing that gets the standard 2 lines verus up to 4 lines that some people are seeing?
- Building trust with your customers is a huge, but critical challenge for your online success. Matt McGee over at Small Business Search Marketing asks some fellow peers for their insight on building and maintaining trust.
- Bill Slawski from SEO By the Sea gives a lengthy analysis on reciprocal links and what search engines really think about them. He does well to cover his bases and provide evidence supporting his thoughts. Long story short, don’t go overboard with them!
- SEO Roundtable recently took a poll to see who takes the credit for faster site indexing. The tactic that came out on top, didn’t surprise us (honestly). You can see the results here.
Welcome to SEO Boy, the authority on search engine optimization -- how to articles, industry news, insider tips, and more! If you like what you see, you can receive free and daily updates via email or RSS.
SEO News Round Up for January 16, 2009