- For those enlisted in managing small business SEO, you know that low-cost online marketing opportunities are hard to come by. Well, GetListed.org is a great resource to add your local business information to the major search engines, plus it allows you to follow reviews and citations. SEOmoz walks you through how to get listed, navigate and understand the GetListed.org service.
- An important part of any SEO campaign is understanding who your online competitors are, what they are doing, and how to optimize your campaign against them. Check out Search Engines Guide’s posting on what competitors you should consider in your SEO research and things to analyze about their web presence.
- Do know what “information architecture” means? Individuals who are outside the search engine optimization realm may not understand what this terms means. Also, there individuals in other professions who use term, but it means something completely different. Shari Thurow at Search Engine Land discusses the multiple meanings of “information architecture.”
- Organic search engine optimization is like a garden according to Steve Plunkett at Search Engine Journal. Like a garden, organic search engine optimization takes time and attention. The the SEO process is not a one-time project, but rather an ongoing process that needs time and nurturing to grow. We love a good metaphor, and this article is full of them!
- If you’ve ever tried to SEO a website with complex, non-search friendly URL structures, you understand how difficult it can be to correct the situation. In part 1 of a 2 part series, Stephan Spencer explains the three different types of URL rewrites. Be prepared, this post is heavy with code-speak!
- In yet another great Whiteboard Friday video, Rand at SEOmoz explains the process of putting your targeted keywords into buckets. But this process goes beyond merely placing your keywords into content silos, this process organizes keywords by traffic, intent and even conversion rate factors.
- What is at the heart of SEO? According to SmallBox.com, it’s usability. The core point is that SEO is about more than just driving traffic to your website. Without customer engagement (there’s that usability) and even conversion factors, you’re really just wasting your time and money!
Welcome to SEO Boy, the authority on search engine optimization -- how to articles, industry news, insider tips, and more! If you like what you see, you can receive free and daily updates via email or RSS.
SEO News Round Up For February 20, 2009