SEO News Round Up for December 4, 2009
Posted By Jessica On December 4, 2009 @ 5:04 pm In SEO News Roundup | 1 Comment
- As you focus on your SEO plan for 2010, don’t forget Google may start factoring your page speed into ranking . Google webmaster tools have already added a page speed report to help you check your site’s overall performance as well as the performance of specific pages. Make sure you stay ahead of your competitors and improve your load time before the New Year.
- One of the most important elements of SEO is to increase external links to your website. Search Engine Land has compiled 3 Tips to Ensure B2B Content Gets SEO-friendly Citations . Make sure your business is getting recognized for its efforts – never assume others are giving you a link when citing your content, understand the impact of link building and take the time to make it happen.
- When building your site it is critical to keep in mind who might visit your site, how they search and the experience they want to have on your site. Search Engine Land, in the post Information Architecture: The Backbone Of SEO & Usability  has great advice on how to ensure that you build a user-friendly and well-designed site to improve SEO.
- Search engines are always looking to improve the relevancy and quality of search results. In the Search Engine Watch post Four New Signals in Search . Eric Enge discusses some signals that search engines might use to determine a site’s ranking. Ultimately, it always comes down to user satisfaction, but it doesn’t hurt to keep these signals in mind as you optimize your site.
- Want some free SEO consulting? Sure, who doesn’t right! DynamoAsh is apparently giving away free SEO audits and SEO advice as promoted on the Chris Garrett blog. Enter today .
- GrayWolf has a good post about creating an SEO friendly shopping cart process  for e-commerce websites. What it boils down to is your product and shopping cart urls and using actual names of products instead of numbers. But you should definitely read the entire post.
- Search Engine Journal reported yesterday that Google Unloads 7 Powerful Features . These new features are – Analytics Intelligence with Custom Alerts, Expanded Goals and New Engagement Goals, Expanded Mobile Reporting, Unique Visitors Metric, Advanced Analysis Features, Advanced Segments and Custom Reporting Templates, and Multiple Custom Variables.
- Kevin at Slingshot SEO discusses some methods for answering the age old question…how do you calculate how your SEO efforts really impact your bottom line ? Don’t panic: there’s a lot of math here, but it’s really helpful math, and also, rarely will you get to see both Nostradamus and Milton of Office Space referenced in a single post.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing , a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.
Article printed from The Adventures of SEO Boy®: http://www.seoboy.com
URL to article: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-4-2009/
URLs in this post:
 Google may start factoring your page speed into ranking: http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/021292.html
 3 Tips to Ensure B2B Content Gets SEO-friendly Citations: http://searchengineland.com/3-tips-to-ensure-b2b-content-gets-seo-friendly-citations-30456?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+searchengineland+%28Search+Engine+Land%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
 Information Architecture: The Backbone Of SEO & Usability: http://searchengineland.com/information-architecture-the-backbone-of-seo-usability-30658
 Four New Signals in Search: http://searchenginewatch.com/3635752
 Enter today: http://dynamoash.com/consulting-services/
 SEO friendly shopping cart process: http://www.wolf-howl.com/seo/shopping-cart-seo-tips/
 Google Unloads 7 Powerful Features: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-analytics-unloads-7-powerful-features/15142/
 SEO efforts really impact your bottom line: http://www.slingshotseo.com/blog/2009/11/estimating-seo-profit
 Hanapin Marketing: http://www.hanapinmarketing.com/
 SEO News Round Up for December 26, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-26-2008/
 SEO News Round Up For December 19, 2008: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-december-19-2008/
 SEO News Round Up for November 6, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-november-6-2009/
 SEO News Round Up for October 2, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-2-2009/
 SEO News Round Up For October 23, 2009: http://www.seoboy.com/seo-news-round-up-for-october-23-2009/
Click here to print.