- Can a broken or incorrect site map hurt your search engine rankings? Mike Moran at Search Engine Journal explores this topic and provides some very helpful insights on how site maps can help and hinder your SEO campaign. As Mike says: remember, it’s all about indexing.
- Michale Gray poses an interesting question: do social media links translate into organic rankings? That’s a good question! Read Michael’s articles to find out what he has to say on the topic and how this can effect your SEO campaign.
- Without proper planning, oversight and passion for the topic, blogs implemented purely for SEO objectives are doomed to fail. Don’t let this happen to you! Get 5 tips for successful blog optimization!
- Is your SEO campaign feeling the holiday crunch? Google’s Webmaster Central Blog feels your pain. This post offers up a reasonable checklist for making sure your website can be found in the search results for the holiday rush. Funny thing is – Christmas is in 2 days. Better late than never!
- SEO Speedwagon has the stats to prove that optimizing for a different language can really pay off. Their optimization of Spanish language pages garnered tremendous results. In the comments you’ll find that they kept to the root TLD and simply added language specific sub-folders (i.e. /esp/).
- Are there really 9 reasons you need social media marketing? Yes. And the Stuntdubl blog spells them out for you – so jump on the bandwagon, ya’ll!
- If you doubt the long tail theory, you should read this SEOmoz post. According to Rand, too much of the research disputing the long tail theory doesn’t really apply to search queries. I love the Google VP’s quote, “20-25% of the queries we see today, we have never seen before.”
- Don’t be greedy says Chris G of chrisg.com when it comes to link building. He says reciprocation needs to work both ways. Don’t just ask people to do things for you and give them nothing in return. Show you have recognized what they have done and reward them!
Welcome to SEO Boy, the authority on search engine optimization -- how to articles, industry news, insider tips, and more! If you like what you see, you can receive free and daily updates via email or RSS.
SEO News Round Up for December 26, 2008