- We are firm believers in the importance of submitting XML Sitemaps to Google. This week, the Google Webmaster Central Blog announced some changes to the submission process. Before, you had to specificy what type of Sitemap you were submitting, now Google will do the work for you!
- Are you an SEO novice? If so, don’t worry. Search Engine Guide has some pointers for you in their “Quickie Dos and Don’ts.”
- Bet you didn’t realize there was so much “online psychology” behind the process of link building! Rand at SEOmoz discussed the importance of incentivizing links in a post this week. “Play to linkers’ egos and their selfishness and you’ll often have more success…”
- This is an interesting take on the ever-changing landscape of the SERPs. Personalization, localization and other such devices have “killed” traditional rankings. What does this mean to you? Look at all of the available metrics – search traffic, traffic quality and conversions.
- The definitive list of 75 link building techniques. Need I say more?
- Everyone is trying to figure out how social media will effect an overall SEO strategy. Are social sites beneifical for links and increasing orgnaic rankings? Or is it a waste of time? Michael Gray over at Search Engine Land has some answers to these questions.
- It seems like small businesses are always fighting an uphill battle when it comes to SEM. Ever hear of David and Goliath? Aaron Wall has some helpful tips for small businesses who are looking for link building rocks to take down their Goliath.
Welcome to SEO Boy, the authority on search engine optimization -- how to articles, industry news, insider tips, and more! If you like what you see, you can receive free and daily updates via email or RSS.
SEO News Round Up For December 19, 2008