- Are you going through a website redesign? Duncan Morris, at SEOmoz, has a post on 10 Things You Must Check When You Re-launch Your Website. Even if you aren’t redesigning now, this is a handy little checklist to save for later.
- Ivan Strouchliak discusses The Emerging Importance of Behavioral Data in Rankings, on Seo Chat this week. The post talks about Google’s interest in everything they can collect behavioral data from, including your Gmail, and how they use this information to improve their ranking system.
- A truly insightful post from Stephan Spencer on Link Building 101 discusses the various efforts that go into the delicate balance of effective link-building. It’s never an exact science, but with strategic effort, it can truly pay off.
- Did you know that if your webmaster decides to switch to a brand new domain they are basically setting their domain metrics to zero? Danny Dover from SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog discusses how to properly move domains, a process that can have a negative effect on search engine rankings. If you follow his steps, you just might sneak past this problem altogether.
- Yes! A free report about the value of authority in creating online marketing success! As is generally the case with articles by Brian Clark at Copyblogger, the report is interesting to read and extremely useful .
- If you are using Twitter regularly, but are having trouble getting re-Tweeted, check out this Whiteboard Friday. Rand discusses things to keep in mind and tactics to use when you are Tweeting. His video will show you how to get re-Tweeted!
- Working on link buildling? Looking for some high quality free directories? Keller Hawthorne has posted a review of some of her favorite free directories. There some directories on here that I’ve never heard of! Check them out.
- We can’t do a roundup without an SEO fail! Here is a URL re-direct fail. Why anyone would type-in www.sweetcrap.com is beyond me. But it’s just crazy enough to work.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.