- If the foundation of a site isn’t solid, then all the optimization in the world may not make a difference. As Stoney deGeyter wrote earlier this week, it’s like trying to put SEO frosting on a website dung pile. Great points on the importance of site architecture, but especially check out this article for the graphic, folks.
- Even when you implement all the right SEO changes, problems with traffic may still occur. The trick is learning to deal with them effectively. Some valuable advice from Search Engine Land will help you understand and deal with an SEO setback.
- SEOmoz has a post this week on Link Building for Small eCommerce Sites. Some of the tips detailed include things like asking for reviews of your products, creating non commercial content for your site, and ways to link with your friends or peers in the industry.
- When it comes to SEO, there is a ton of industry information that changes daily, so what’s the best way to keep up with it all? Online Marketing Blog posted 17 Ways to Stay Current with Search Marketing. From conferences, to newsletters, webinars, and whitepapers, the post covers quite a few ways to stay up to date.
- Shimon Sandler has a great post on how to optimize for the new Google Caffeine. Shimon says it’s more about building reputation and authority now more than ever. Keep creating link worthy content and generating quality links too.
- I mean it: if you let your SEO keyword research get out of control, you’re going to start feeling crazy. Before you start keyword research for a page or site, you’d better develop a method for synonym identification and addition or else you’re going to miss possibly significant search queries. And go crazy. Ann Smarty wants to help you.
- I know we’ve read lots of SEO best practices posts before, but this one from Rand at SEOmoz is seriously a very comprehensive, well-organized summary of what matters, what doesn’t and what YOU should do. Worth it. I promise.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.