- Google is currently welcoming searchers to test out the web developer preview of their newest infrastructure, Caffeine. They’re inviting any kind of constructive feedback, so head on over, search, and tell them what you think!
- Let SEO White Hats tell you how to avoid common SEO mistakes. A few that they mention are overloading your page titles, having out dated or skimpy content and not optimizing for the right keywords. Check out their post for more!
- Bring link baiting back to life! A post over at SEOptimize talks about 45 link baiting resources for ideas, techniques, case studies and even drawbacks! What more could you ask for??
- Dr. Pete at SEOmoz has posted an interesting case study on the importance of rankings. He uses a recent client experience to examine how much rankings correlate with both direct keyword and long-tail traffic.
- James Chartrand at Copyblogger explains how parenting tips can help you write copy that will convert. I like it. I spend all day searching for data that’s hard to find and making difficult decisions. When I visit a website, if they want to hold my hand, I’m not going to complain.
- There are a bunch of useful posts coming from Search Engine Guide re: the Search Engine Strategies San Jose convention, but this summary of a panel about social media for small businesses offers lots of useful advice from different perspectives: it’s long, but worth it for the wisdoms scattered throughout.
- On today’s Whiteboard Friday video hosted by Jen Lopez of SEOmoz.org, Matt Cutts discusses NoFollow. Earlier this year, Google shifted their stance on nofollow, so listen in to Matt’s advice. It could prove beneficial to your page rank!
- Google has attempted to give more data to users of its Local Business Dashboard, but Matt McGee says that this tool is borderline useless. Read Matt’s post focusing on Google’s LBC (Local Business Center) to find where Google went wrong.
- Not only was Heather Lutze (and her Findability Formula) featured on our blog this week (SEO Boy’s Super Friends Interview Series: Striking the Right Findability), but the Microsoft Advertising Community blog gave a recap of her session from the SES San Jose conference as well.
Jessica is an Account Supervisor at Hanapin Marketing, a search engine marketing firm focused on generating results through PPC and SEO.