- Shimon Sandler breaks down the SEO equation into 2 parts: Content and Links. In this post, however, he explains the importance of content and how quantity of content factors in. “A Content-rich site is a good thing.”
- Google made their last Toolbar PageRank update of 2008 on Wednesday. As reported by Search Engine Land – Matt Cutts confirmed the update via Twitter, and SEOs around the world checked to see if they had something else to celebrate for new Years!
- Ever wondered how the story of Pinocchio related to reputation management? Wonder no more! Jennifer Laycock at Search Engine Guide is writing a 6 part series of “valuable lessons you can learn from… Pinocchio.” This article deals with the importance of honesty and straight talk when referencing your business online – otherwise the lies (or your wooden nose) will keep growing and become a huge problem.
- Don’t doubt the importance of your ranking reports. Aaron Wall has some good reasons why your ranking reports are valuable to your website and your SEO efforts.
- Measuring results from natural search are going to get more strict and detailed, as predicted by Rob Garner at Media Post. Instead of focusing on rakings, SEOs should set their sites toward revenue generated and other goal-orientated metrics.
- SEO isn’t just about driving traffic to your site and achieving top rankings. Companies typically want people to take some kind of action once they get to their landing page. Search Engine Land has 6 usability tips to maximize B2B website conversions. In this post there are a series of good questions you need to ask yourself when looking at your landing page in order to get the most out of your SEO traffic.
- Are you experiencing any drops in your page rank after the last Google update? Well a few people apparently are having discussions on the subject according to Search Engine Roundtable. Some people are noticing fewer sitelinks on some sites, more hijacking domains (sites that don’t let you hit the back button) and more mirror sites are getting better visibility in the SERP’s.
- It seems like everyone is looking for that quick fix when it comes to SEO. Well here is a post from Search Marketing Blog Online for quick and easy SEO tips. Some of their tips include labeling your images correctly, have a plan for expiring pages and know what the search engines know about your site.
Welcome to SEO Boy, the authority on search engine optimization -- how to articles, industry news, insider tips, and more! If you like what you see, you can receive free and daily updates via email or RSS.
SEO News Round Up for January 2, 2009