In what will be the first of many exciting projects to come, the SEO Boy team would like to present “Unsexy SEO” – a series of articles all aimed at explaining and discussing search engine optimization in a straight-forward, no-bull fashion. After lurking around in the shadows of the search marketing industry for a few years, we all noticed a trend – search engine optimization is sexy. Mmmhmm… SEO is sexy. What we realized, however, was that no matter how cool SEO was on the surface, no amount of convincing could tell us that the work involved was sexy. In fact, it’s quite unsexy.
So, sit back and prepare for some great reading. Here’s a taste of what you’ll find:
- Finding the Budget for SEO.
- Marketing vs. IT for SEO control.
- Setting Goals for Success.
- Why Rankings Aren’t the Perfect Metric.
- Insights into SEO Keyword Research.
- Meta Keywords, What?
- How and Why to Use Robots.txt.
- XML Sitemaps – Use ‘em.
- Link Building – Quality vs. Quantity.
- Social Media Marketing Strategies.
- Offline, Online Marketing Integration.
Now that we’ve whetted your appetite – dig in:
Enjoy reading, and give us your feedback!